Monday, October 22, 2007

CHITRADURGA FORT VISIT EXPERIENCE


“Life gives you a second chance” ! how true it turned out to be. I was wondering after exhausting the film roll at the famous spot of “ Gun powder Grinder “ at Chitradurga fort. Swoosh ? an olden days shutterbug sound of camera’s flashing, I was wondering who is clicking, to my utter surprise it was a raised Cobra hood raised just 5 feet away from my face. Mr Cool in me took over being a cricketer used to facing bouncers with new ball. I just casually turned around and just coolly commented to my wife let’s go it is time for lunch. Well after moving a safe distance of 15 feet I told my security guard & guide, who we hired for Rs 50/- to have a look at the venomous cobra with a hood raised and ready to strike, if we cross its path. The guard prayed for retribution and my wife was shell shocked, how come they did not listen to the hiss of the Cobra and near kiss of death. Later we visited the temple, wherein the priest interpreted it as the blessing of Lord Shiva. No wonder it proves the fact that I was born on a Shivaratri night. I thank almighty for blessing me.

No comments: